The court heard that police received intelligence he had been accessing indecent images and so visited his home, in Consett, on February 19, last year. Ralf Xhepa, prosecuting, said the officers informed the defendant of the purpose of their visit and he denied any knowledge of any indecent images. The court heard more than 700 offending images were found, with 174, both still and moving, classed in the most serious category. Reay, 67, of Jubilee Court, Consett, admitted three counts of making indecent images of children, between April 2022 and February last year. As he was about to depart the dock, Judge Adams told Reay: “I hope, very much, we don’t see you back here.”