"This is exactly why Australians are sick and tired of the BS that you try and tell us," Senator Pocock said on Tuesday. Responsible Wagering Australia chief executive Kai Cantwell told senators existing legislation was enough to address misconduct in the gambling sector. Multiple witnesses, including a former NRL player Luke Bateman, told the inquiry they had been targeted in a similar way. Senator Pocock said evidence from the inquiry reinforced a recommendation from a 2023 report to get rid of all gambling ads. Senator Hanson-Young said she could not support the bill in its current form and would work on an alternative policy for a full ban on gambling advertising.