None
EN
‘System was trying to protect him’: Vinesh Phogat slams Brij Bhushan’s acquittal, vows to appeal
['Var Template_Content', 'Sso_Login_Box', 'Xwelcome Backorenter The Email Address Or Mobile Number Associated With Your Account To Sign In. Show Passwordsign Innew To The Indian Express Signupxcreate Your Account It Is Quick', 'Easy.Or Show Passwordnextvalidate Otpregisteralready Have An Account', 'Signin', 'Sso_Social_Box', 'Sign In Withgmailfacebookapple', 'Var Follow_Widget_Data', 'Af_Article_Count', 'Ie_Mobile_Check']
The Indian Express
Wrestler Vinesh Phogat during a 53kg category wrestling match against Nishu at the Asian Games selection trials, in New Delhi, Saturday, May 30, 2026.
“We had to gather a lot of courage to come out on the streets and get an FIR registered against a muscleman leader of the ruling party,” Olympian Vinesh Phogat said in a statement on X.
“Using his power and influence, Brij Bhushan had frightened several young women and forced them to withdraw their complaints.”
Phogat, who had revealed earlier this year that she was among the six complainants, said the wrestlers were disappointed with the court’s decision.
“We are deeply saddened that the court did not find Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh guilty in the sexual harassment case filed by the women wrestlers,” she said.