None
EN
Trump says Iran ‘begged’ for talks, warns of ‘total surrender’
['Sakina Fatima', 'A Digital Journalist With Siasat.Com', "Has A Master'S Degree In Business Administration", 'Is A Graduate In Mass Communication', 'Journalism. Sakina Covers Topics The Middle East']
The Siasat Daily
“They ask for a meeting, some would say ‘beg’,” Trump wrote, adding that talks had begun and that more discussions were scheduled in the near future.
The post followed Iran’s rejection of Trump’s earlier claim that a fresh round of negotiations between Washington and Tehran would begin on Monday.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei said no negotiations with the United States were planned and that no meetings had been scheduled in the coming days.
“Nothing gets through to Iran, unless we want it to,” Trump wrote, adding that restrictions would remain in place until “a deal, or total surrender, is accomplished”.
While Trump has maintained that diplomacy remains an option, Iranian officials continue to reject claims that direct negotiations with the United States are under way.