CJP Urges Centre To 'Honour Assurances'Reacting to the clarification, CJP spokesperson Saurav Das said the Supreme Court had removed all confusion surrounding its earlier order and called on governments to act without delay. "Now that the Supreme Court has removed confusions, we expect the Government of India and all BJP/NDA-ruled states to immediately honour the assurances given on 25 July to the young of this country," Das said. What The Supreme Court SaidEarlier today, the Supreme Court clarified that state governments are free to withdraw or close FIRs filed against students who participated in the NEET protest, provided they follow the due legal process. The court said its July 28 interim order had been misinterpreted and stressed that it never prevented states from withdrawing appropriate cases. The court also made it clear that its relief would not extend to those accused of grave and heinous offences.