The Middle Eastern countries acting as mediators intend to step up their contacts with the United States and Iran in the coming days. AP notes that, at this stage, the parties may revert to the core provisions of the memorandum of understanding signed by the United States and Iran on June 18. Earlier, Donald Trump said that the United States and Iran would launch negotiations on a peace agreement on August 3. According to the president, Iran and several Middle Eastern countries asked Washington to refrain from carrying out the attack because the parties had already outlined the framework of a future agreement. Trump said the agreement should include the immediate reopening of the Strait of Hormuz and the elimination of Iran's nuclear threat.