None
EN
Iran says Oman agreement alone not enough to reopen Strait of Hormuz
[]
TASS
Reaching an agreement between Iran and Oman on a route through the Strait of Hormuz will not by itself mean that the waterway will immediately reopen to maritime traffic, Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said.
"Reaching an agreement on a safe shipping route through the Strait of Hormuz is a necessary but not sufficient condition for reopening the strait," he said at a press conference.
Baghaei added that the Strait of Hormuz had been closed not because of disagreements between Tehran and Muscat, but because of US and Israeli aggression against Iran.
Earlier, President Donald Trump said that the United States and Iran would begin negotiations on a peace agreement on August 3.
Trump said the agreement should include the immediate reopening of the Strait of Hormuz and the elimination of Iran's nuclear threat.