TEHRAN (AFP) : Iran denied any negotiations were taking plaTEHRAce with the United States after President Donald Trump said new talks would begin Monday in an effort to end their war, now in its sixth month. Trump last week threatened to hit Iran “very hard”, with the US leader reportedly considering renewed attacks including against energy infrastructure. Before the war, there was free passage through the strait, but Iran now insists on retaining control and charging fees, something the US rejects. Trump told reporters on Sunday that the new talks with Iran would cover Hormuz and ultimately the denuclearisation of Iran. Western nations accuse Iran of seeking a bomb, though Tehran insists the programme is entirely civilian in nature.