None
EN
‘Good boy’: Jones’ praise to alleged sex abuse victim
[]
Starts at 60
In her opening address on Monday, crown prosecutor Georgina Wright said Jones had met one of the complainants when he was about 16 years old and an up-and-coming sports champion.
The payments later increased to $600 because the athlete had been “such a good boy”, the athlete is expected to tell the court.
“(The athlete) felt trapped and didn’t know what to do,” Ms Wright said.
After one incident in which Jones allegedly undressed and indecently assaulted him in the NSW Southern Highlands, the man’s girlfriend allegedly said he “looked like he had seen a ghost”.
Another complainant, who was 21 years old and worked for the talkback host, will testify Jones called him “darling” and groped him while he was driving, Ms Wright said.