Overnight Israeli strikes on Gaza hit multiple residential buildings and killed at least nine people, authorities said yesterday, despite Hamas saying it agreed to the latest stage of a deal to end the war. Hamas said Friday it had agreed to a plan championed by US President Donald Trump that includes provisions for handing over its weapons and the gradual withdrawal of Israeli forces from the Gaza Strip. Gaza civil defence officials said yesterday eight people were killed in strikes around midnight that hit multiple residential buildings. Authorities reported earlier Saturday that eight other people had been killed in strikes that damaged a hospital’s medical supplies. Israeli Energy Minister Eli Cohen said yesterday that there was no deal to halt attacks on Gaza and that he saw a need for Israel.