Asia Pacific
EN
China expresses 'serious concern' over latest US trade restrictions
[]
Channel NewsAsia Asia Pacific News
BEIJING: China's top trade official told his counterparts from the United States on Thursday (Jul 30) that Beijing had "serious concern" over Washington's latest trade restrictions, according to state media.
China and the United States spent much of last year embroiled in an escalating trade war but reached a truce when US President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping met last October.
Beijing condemned the duties imposed on China and 59 other countries over alleged forced labour concerns, and warned Washington against waging a trade war.
They also have said that China was only partly meeting its obligations to deliver rare earth minerals under a November 2025 trade truce.
During his trip to Beijing in May, Trump invited Xi to visit the United States in September, but that visit is yet to be confirmed.