None
EN
Producer sues Netflix over lost unreleased Nicolas Cage movie
['Staff Writer', 'Wendy Lee Is An Entertainment Business Reporter', 'Covering Streaming Services Such As Netflix', 'Amazon Prime Video', 'Apple Tv . She Also Writes About Podcasting Services', 'Digital Media', 'Talent Agencies.']
News from California, across the nation and world - Los Angeles Times
Set us as preferredA producer sued Netflix on Wednesday, alleging the streamer lost an unreleased copy of a new Nicolas Cage movie and seeking damages of at least $105 million.
“Fortitude” had its own mystery last month when the drive that once held the movie went missing.
AdvertisementOn June 15, Daniel Haido, an associate producer of “Fortitude,” dropped off an unencrypted copy of the movie for Netflix to view and instructed the staff to delete the files after the screening.
Haido also told Netflix to notify him when the drive was ready for pick up, but Netflix was unresponsive to several efforts to pick up the drive, the lawsuit said.
“By losing control of the Film, Netflix destroyed that exclusivity and materially, if not completely, impaired the Film’s marketability,” his lawsuit said.