None
EN
Convicted Oakland Chinatown attacker charged in new assault spree targeting elderly women
['Henry Lee']
Latest & Breaking News on Fox News on KTVU
The Brief A 33-year-old man previously convicted in a series of violent attacks in Oakland's Chinatown has been charged with assaulting two elderly Asian women in Oakland's Uptown neighborhood, prosecutors said.
A homeless man previously convicted in a series of unprovoked attacks in Oakland's Chinatown, including the violent assault of a 91-year-old man, has been arrested and charged in a new spree of attacks in the Uptown neighborhood, prosecutors said.
Yahya Muslim, 33, is accused of assaulting two elderly Asian women Sunday near Broadway and West Grand Avenue, according to the Alameda County District Attorney's Office.
Chinatown leaders call for changeOakland Chinatown leader Carl Chan said the latest case is deeply troubling.
"He went to prison, served his time, and now he's out on the street doing the same thing," Cardoza said.