None
EN
Trump says Hamas agreed to next phase of Gaza peace deal, including disarmament
['Emma', 'Joe', 'Senior Editor', 'Joe Walsh Is A Senior Editor For Digital Politics At Cbs News. Joe Previously Covered Breaking News For Forbes', 'Local News In Boston.', 'Read Full Bio', 'Charlie']
Home - CBSNews.com
President Trump said Thursday evening Hamas and his international "Board of Peace" have agreed on the next steps in a peace deal that includes Hamas' disarmament in the Gaza Strip.
Hamas communicated through mediators that it agreed to the final text of the plan, including decommissioning their weapons, U.S. and Board of Peace officials told reporters Thursday.
Hamas has agreed to the plan for Gaza's disarmament, a senior Hamas official told CBS News' partner network BBC News.
The negotiations stem from a 20-point peace proposal that Mr. Trump offered last fall to end the war between Israel and Hamas.
Displaced Palestinians live in makeshift tents near the site of the destroyed Al-Muqawwasi Towers in Gaza City, Gaza Strip, on July 29, 2026.