Russia seeks to open new car bridge to North Korea in September: officialNew deadline comes after the allies delayed the opening originally scheduled for JuneRussia aims to open its new car bridge across the Tumen River with North Korea in early September, a local official said in a recent interview with Russian state media, after the project was originally slated for a June opening. Russian authorities see “significant economic and social potential” in the project that could bring together Russia, North Korea and also China, the official said. READ MORE: North Korea, Russia still working on new car bridge ahead of scheduled openingNK Pro previously reported that work on the bridge was ongoing as of mid-June, following an official linking ceremony in April. Russia and North Korea began preparatory work on the bridge in Nov. 2024 but officially kicked off the project on April 30, 2025. The Khasan border crossing facility is expected to have 10 lanes and the capability to process up to 300 vehicles and 2,850 people daily.