Andy Burnham has left the door open for future North Sea drilling as he confirmed he told Donald Trump "we can't ignore" the resources there. Mr Burnham was asked during a visit to Barrow in Cumbria on Thursday whether Mr Trump was correct. Labour's 2024 manifesto said the party would not issue new North Sea licences, but Mr Burnham appeared to leave the door open to a change. Mr Trump had already talked up a change in policy that he anticipated under Mr Burnham before the former Greater Manchester mayor took office. Referring to his conversation with Mr Burnham, Mr Trump said on Wednesday: "Well, he did say one very good thing.