Andy Burnham has left the door open for future North Sea drilling as he confirmed he told Donald Trump “we can’t ignore” the resources there. Mr Burnham was asked during a visit to Barrow in Cumbria on Thursday whether Mr Trump was correct. Mr Trump had already talked up a change in policy that he anticipated under Mr Burnham before the former Greater Manchester mayor took office. Referring to his conversation with Mr Burnham, Mr Trump said on Wednesday: “Well, he did say one very good thing. “They’re coming from Africa, they’re coming from South America, they’re coming from different parts of Asia, and they’re invading Europe.”