Canfor Corp. reported a loss of $18.5 million in its latest quarter compared with a loss of $202.8 million a year earlier. The forestry company says the loss amounted to 16 cents per diluted share for the quarter ended June 30 compared with a loss of $1.71 per diluted share in the same quarter last year. Sales for the quarter totalled $1.53 billion, up from $1.38 billion in the second quarter of 2025. Canfor chief executive Susan Yurkovich says the improved results compared with the second quarter of last year reflected the company’s better underlying cost structure and an “uplift in lumber market conditions in North America.” Yurkovich says Canfor “made the difficult but necessary decision” to permanently close its Northwood pulp mill as global pulp markets remained challenging during the second quarter.