The teleprompter operator accused of unlawfully gambling on President Donald Trump’s speeches via a prediction marketplace is no longer employed by the White House. A White House official confirmed Wednesday that Gabriel Perez “no longer works in the federal government.” It is unclear whether the White House fired Perez or if he resigned. Trump called the incident “deeply unfortunate,” White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said during a briefing on July 16. Leavitt previously told NOTUS that no other White House staff are currently suspected of misconduct related to wagering on prediction markets.