Jesse RamdeoSenior Reporter[email protected]Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar says Government’s recruitment drive to rebuild the Trinidad and Tobago Prison Service will continue next month, with a second intake of recruits set to begin orientation on August 24 and formal training on September 1. Persad-Bissessar noted that Homeland Security Minister Roger Alexander and Justice Minister Devesh Maraj visited the T&T Prison Service Training Academy at the Golden Grove Prison Complex in Arouca yesterday, where they met with the first batch of recruits as training got underway. She said the first intake had been planned for 250 recruits, with 226 trainees reporting on the first day. “This is long overdue, and what was very interesting was the interest these young men and women have to become prison officers,” Alexander said. The recruitment push follows concerns raised by Prison Officers’ Association president Gerard Gordon, who warned that attrition continues to outpace recruitment and unresolved workplace issues are affecting officer retention.