None
EN
‘Children of Blood and Bone’ Author Details On-Set Exit That Led to Her Cutting Ties With Movie
['Benjamin Lindsay', 'Benjamin Is Deputy Managing Editor At Thewrap. He Covers', 'Assigns Breaking News As It Relates To Entertainment', 'Media', 'Politics. With Years Of Experience Covering Film', 'Television', 'Theatre Professionally', 'Benjamin Was Most Recently Managing Editor At Backstage', 'A Company For Which He Held Various Roles Across Its Performing Arts', 'Awards Departments']
TheWrap
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready…“Children of Blood and Bone” author Tomi Adeyemi said in an emotional TikTok Wednesday that she left the set of her fantasy novel’s movie adaptation “hyperventilating and sobbing” and is publicly cutting ties with the project ahead of its winter release.
“There are many witnesses, so it’s not really a secret,” Adeyemi said of her walk-off from production.
Adeyemi first shared her discontent with the movie adaptation and Stenberg in a since-deleted TikTok video earlier this month, in which she shared apparent screenshots of texts with the 27-year-old star.
Earlier messages from Stenberg, who plays Princess Amari, were not shared, but the author appeared to block her after sending the text.
“If there’s something you want audiences to know, then say it clearly,” one fan wrote in response to the video.