By Habib ToumiRIYADH: Saudi Arabia announced on Wednesday that its armed forces, in coordination with the United States Central Command (CENTCOM), carried out precision strikes against specific Iran-backed militia targets inside Iraq in response to recent drone attacks targeting the Kingdom’s oil infrastructure. The ministry said the latest attacks occurred despite Saudi Arabia’s efforts to reduce regional tensions and promote stability. Saudi Arabia reaffirmed that it does not seek a broader escalation, but warned that it would respond decisively to any future attacks. “The Kingdom will not hesitate to take all necessary measures to safeguard its sovereignty and protect its citizens and national assets,” the ministry said, SPA reported. Earlier in the day, Ministry of Defense spokesperson Major General Turki Al-Malki confirmed that the Saudi Armed Forces, working alongside the United States Central Command, had carried out precision strikes against militia targets in Iraq linked to the drone attacks.