The U.S. military intercepted a barrage of Iranian ballistic missiles targeting American forces in the Middle East on Tuesday, then joined Saudi Arabia in striking Iran-backed militia sites in eastern Iraq, US Central Command said. The joint strikes targeted what CENTCOM called "terrorist logistics and weapons sites" tied to more than 30 drone attacks on Saudi oil facilities over the previous 72 hours. All the missiles were intercepted, and CENTCOM said US forces remained "vigilant and at a high state of readiness." The Houthis claimed responsibility for firing on the Saudi oil tanker NCC Ghazal, forcing it to turn back, and announced a blockade of shipping through the Bab el-Mandeb strait last week. Iranian negotiator Seyed Mohammad Marandi said on social media that Iran was "fully prepared for all-out war."