People who signed the letter said they were driven by a sense of national responsibility and concern that the troop presence endangered Jordanian sovereignty. Last year, the United States gave Jordan $1.65 billion in economic and military assistance, according to Jordanian officials. Since the letter was released, Mr. al-Tell said, hundreds more Jordanians have added their names to it, despite knowing the risks. At a session of the Jordanian Parliament on Monday, it became clear just how hot emotions were running over the U.S. troop presence. The post Some Jordanians Dare to Speak Out Against U.S. Troop Presence appeared first on New York Times.