The Central Bureau of Investigation on Thursday said that there is no evidence to show that Sanjeev Mukhiya was involved in the theft or distribution of the 2024 undergraduate National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test question paper, The Indian Express reported. Mukhiya, the main suspect in the paper leak case and several other interstate exam scams, was arrested last year on April 25 by Bihar’s Economic Offences Unit. It said that initially, suspicion had emerged about Mukhiya’s role as he had been found to have been involved in other paper theft and leak cases, The Indian Express reported. “Having conducted a detailed and thorough investigation into the case, CBI is satisfied that the entire conspiracy and the persons involved therein stand identified.” On July 22, 2024, the Union government had said that there was no proof of any large-scale leaks of the question paper for the 2024 NEET-UG examination.