New Delhi, July 23 (IANS): The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has used an artificial intelligence and big data analytics tool to identify and disconnect 88 lakh suspicious mobile connections, as part of measures to tackle cyber frauds, an official statement said on Thursday. DoT developed the tool namely ASTR which identified these mobile connections that "have been disconnected after failing reverification," Union MoS Communications and Rural Development Dr. Chandra Sekhar Pemmasani said in the Rajya Sabha outlining measures taken to tackle cyber frauds. Around 50.90 lakh mobile connections had been disconnected as of July 15, 2026, based on 11.18 lakh crowd‑sourced reports of suspected fraud communications submitted through the Chakshu facility on Sanchar Saathi, the statement from the Ministry of Communications said. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has issued advisories to its regulated entities for onboarding on DIP for information sharing. National Cyber Coordination Centre (NCCC), implemented by CERT-In, examines cyberspace to detect cyber security threats.