None
EN
Secret Service Investigations Into Threats Surge 40% This Year
[]
Tickle The Wire
File photo via Secret Service.
By Steve NeavlingThe Secret Service has investigated more than 10,000 threats against the people it protects so far this year, a sharp rise that agency leaders say reflects an increasingly volatile political climate, NBC News reports.
The number of investigations is up 40% compared with the same period last year, Secret Service Director Sean Curran told reporters Wednesday.
Deputy Director Matthew Quinn said the Secret Service is approaching the dinner like any other event involving the president and other protected officials.
“We’re not looking at this as a redo of a dinner,” Quinn said.